Monday, June 2, 2008

"I'll provide the sun"

Ina and I couldn't have imagined things going better than they did during our wedding day on May 17, 2008. Pastor Victor told us during marriage counseling that if we got 80% of it right, we should call ourselves lucky. I felt like we were close to 99%.

I don't know how many people were helping us pray for sun for our special day, but God was listening. The day started out gray and looked like it was going to thunderstorm at some point. The weather network was forecasting rain as well. After the ceremony, we piled into the limousine and headed towards our photo location near the Bluffs. It looked like it was going to start pouring any minute now so we had the photographers on speed-dial so we could change to an indoor location quickly.

When no rain came, we continued to the park. As we pulled up, the sun started to peak out from the clouds, and the next thing we knew, the skies opened up and it was blue skies and sunny. It was an amazing sight, even the photographers were astonished.

Perhaps the only hitch for the entire day was that our limousine's battery died and half of us had to hitch a ride to the restaurant in the photographer's minivan.

The entire day was nerve-racking for me because of my stage fright, the morning I was nervous wreck because I was worried that I'd screw up the vows. But it actually worked out great. I did them so well that people thought I had memorized them -- in fact Victor was actually holding up the script for us to read. Then for the rest of the day had me worried about the thank-you speech.

But the evening went nearly perfect. We had a wonderful (and exhausting) time. The games we played were fun and memorable, and we hope that everyone else had as much fun as we did. I got my 'fake smile' down to an art. My jaw was killing me by the end of the night from all the pictures, but it was all worth it.