Friday, June 27, 2008

Open house

One thing I remember from childhood was that my parents loved to look at Open Houses. We'd drive around aimlessly looking for signs and when we spotted one, we'd almost always go in. Personally I was never a huge fan of open houses. I knew my parents had absolutely no intention of buying the homes, let alone even move. But there we were, going from house to house just for the fun of it. As I got older I appreciated it more, but I still felt like it was a waste of time.

Ina and I have been looking at open houses the last few weeks as we make what we feel are necessary arrangements to start a family. I have to admit that looking at other peoples' homes is a lot of fun! We do the exact same thing, pick an area we wouldn't mind living in, and look for signs. It's so much fun..

For me the biggest criteria has been having a 2 car garage, a large kitchen with tons of counter space, and of course I'm always looking for a house with a good living room or basement that is perfectly perfectly for a home theatre. For Ina it's more about location, location, location. We both want to have at least 3 bedrooms and I prefer having 3 or more bathrooms.

Both of us also look at how much renovations the house would require, since we both feel these should be factored into the cost of the home.

I've been having a ball looking at homes.